Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Welcome Guest Author Ally Shields!


  




Author Ally Shields' latest book, Fire Within, was just released on Friday and is already a big success!  Congratulations Ally and welcome!   We are so glad that Ally and her main character (a witch named Ari) have taken time out of their busy schedules and are able to join us today.  Take it away Ally and Ari...


Thanks very much for inviting me to talk about my new book, Fire Within (Guardian Witch #2).  Since the urban fantasy series is really about my witch heroine Ari, I brought her along. I thought it would be good for readers to know something about her, and she's agreed to answer a few questions about the things in her closet. I bet she has some surprises for us.

Q-1  What's your favorite pair of shoes?
Ari's ACTUAL Closet!
Ari:  I have these really wicked looking black leather boots with three inch heels. Ryan always kids me that I can't run in them, but I can run in anything that looks that good!

Q-2  Do you have any hats?
Ari:  What's a hat? No, I have a hood on my winter jacket. I have scarves.

Q-3  Speaking of scarves, wool or silk?
Ari:  Wool. I only wear them for warmth. Of course, I do have a couple of silk cloths that I use in my witchcraft.

Q-4  Blouses or tailored shirts?
Ari:  Both. But in the summer I much prefer t-shirts. I wear blouses for dress up or girlie days with my BFF Claris.

Q-5  Jeans or slacks?
Ari:  The only slacks I own are some semi-formal silk ones. I wear jeans most of the time, even in the summer. If I have to take someone down, the jeans offer more protection to my skin than shorts would.

Q- 6  Do you prefer neutrals or lots of color ?
Ari:  Green is my favorite top color, but I really like black and white together. Most days though I wear neutrals.

Q-7  I just thought of a related question. I know you wear a charm bracelet, do you have other jewelry?
Ari: Post or stud earrings. I even have one pair of diamond studs from an old boyfriend, but I never wear them.

Q-8  What do you have in your closet that you wouldn't find in... say mine?
Ari: Well, that's easy. A derringer, a stiletto, silver bullets, herbs and potions, and all kinds of witchcraft paraphernalia. It's a full closet!

You're right, I have none of those extra things. :) Thanks, Ari, for spending time with our readers. Now let's tell them about Fire Within, the second book in the Guardian Witch series.

Book Blurb:

A hidden evil stalks the city...

Fire witch cop Ari Calin refuses to believe her human friend Eddie murdered a vampire—in spite of his confession. When a second vampire dies, Andreas, the sexy, charismatic vampire she dated and split from eight months ago, joins her in the hunt for the real killer.

But Riverdale may have a special kind of serial killer who's looking around for its next vampire victim. The roles of hunter and hunted become blurred. And while unterHunAri might feel like killing Andreas at times, she doesn't want anyone else to do it...

Review quotes for Awakening the Fire (Guardian Witch #1):

"Vampires, werewolves, and witches oh my! In a journey through a magical world... a witch named Arianna will have you lost under her spell." I Heart Books - 5 stars

"If you love paranormal and a good mystery, then I can't recommend this book enough." Paranormal Romance Guild - 5 stars

"I can't wait for the rest of the series from this exciting new author because I will definitely be reading them all." The Romance Studio - 5 stars

Buy links:



Author Bio:

Ally Shields was born and raised in the Midwest, along the Mississippi River, the setting for her urban fantasy series. After  a career in law and juvenile justice, she turned to full-time writing in 2009, and Awakening the Fire, the debut novel in her Guardian Witch series, was released in September 2012.  Ally still lives close to the Mighty Mississippi with her Miniature Pinscher, Ranger. When not writing or reading, she loves to travel in the US and abroad. Way too often she can be found on Twitter.

Contact links:


I've really enjoyed our visit! If your readers have questions, I hope they'll leave a comment or visit my website.

Absolutely and thank you so much Ally, we've loved having both you and Ari and now we know what witches keep in their closets!  (You just never know what you'll learn from reading this blog.)  Best wishes for continued success and we look forward to having you back again soon (Ari, too!)!
 


1 comment:

Please share your comments!